MICHAEL J. SCARFE
Sound System Design & Engineering
Michael Scarfe is a Sound System Designer and Engineer based in Hagerstown, Maryland. He has owned MHA Audio, Inc for 34 years and has been active in professional audio for over forty years. Mike has toured the world with International recording artists since 1975 and was instrumental in the design and implementation
of the sound system used at Live Aid in 1985.
- Maryland Symphony Orchestra, Sound Engineer for 25 years.
- JFK Memorial, Dealey Plaza, Dallas, November 2013, Sound system design.
- 150th Anniversary of the Congressional Medal of Honor, Gettysburg National Battlefield, September 2013, Sound system design.
- George W. Bush Presidential Library, Dedication, Dallas Texas, April 2013, Sound system design.
SOUND SYSTEM DESIGN FOR THE FOLLOWING INTERNATIONAL SUMMITS
- Asian Pacific Economic Summit & Ministerial Meetings (APEC)
- G40 Nuclear Security Summit – Washington, DC
- NATO Summit – Chicago
- Global Financial Markets Summit
- G20 Pittsburgh Summit
- G8 Summit – Savannah, GA
- Annapolis Mid-East Summit
- G8 Summit, Camp David
- US/Africa Leaders Summit
- Pope Benedict XVI Mass at Nationals Stadium, April 2008, Sound System Design & Engineering.
- Pope Francis Mass at Catholic University, September 2015, Sound System Design & Engineering.
- President Bush Election Night, Reagan International Trade Center Washington ~ Sound system design & engineering.
- Sound System vendor for Merriweather Post Pavilion 1998 to Present.
- Sound System Vendor for Virgin Mobile Festival 2006 – 2013.
Audio Production & Management
David Rittenhouse, audio project manager and system designer, has worked with MHA Audio since 2008. David’s diverse experience in both corporate and concert audio have provided a depth and breadth of knowledge allowing him to plan, facilitate and design audio systems for events including U.S. State Department Summits, Our Oceans 2014 and 2016, Africa Summit 2014, G20 Economic Summit, Nuclear Security Summit 2012 and 2016, APEC DC/MT/CA/HI, G20 Summit at Camp David, Halifax International Security Forum 2017&2018, dedication of the George W. Bush Presidential Library, NATO Summit Chicago along with being the front of house engineer and lead audio designer for Pope Francis’ Mass in D.C.
In addition to corporate/government events, David has served as audio lead, system designer, front of house/monitor engineer at large music events such as at the Firefly Music Festival, Virgin Fest, Sweetlife Music Festival, M3, DirectTV Super Fan Fest, and Capital Jazz.
David began his career in event productions back in 1996 at RCI Sound Systems in Beltsville, MD where his experience included service as both an audio engineer and sales/production management.
As a respected resource in the field, David also served as an associate writer for the magazines Pro Audio Review and Pro A/V.
Contact Us to Get Started!