MICHAEL J. SCARFE
Sound System Design & Engineering
Michael Scarfe is a Sound System Designer and Engineer based in Hagerstown, Maryland. He has owned MHA Audio, Inc for 34 years and has been active in professional audio for over forty years. Mike has toured the world with International recording artists since 1975 and was instrumental in the design and implementation
of the sound system used at Live Aid in 1985.
- Maryland Symphony Orchestra, Sound Engineer for 25 years.
- JFK Memorial, Dealey Plaza, Dallas, November 2013, Sound system design.
- 150th Anniversary of the Congressional Medal of Honor, Gettysburg National Battlefield, September 2013, Sound system design.
- George W. Bush Presidential Library, Dedication, Dallas Texas, April 2013, Sound system design
- Asian Pacific Economic Summit & Ministerial Meetings (APEC)
- G40 Nuclear Security Summit – Washington, DC
- NATO Summit – Chicago
- Global Financial Markets Summit
- G20 Pittsburgh Summit
- G8 Summit – Savannah, GA
- Annapolis Mid-East Summit
- G8 Summit, Camp David
- US/Africa Leaders Summit
- Pope Benedict XVI Mass at Nationals Stadium, April 2008, Sound System Design & Engineering
- Pope Francis Mass at Catholic University, September 2015, Sound System Design & Engineering
- President Bush Election Night, Reagan International Trade Center Washington ~ Sound system design & engineering
- Sound System vendor for Merriweather Post Pavilion 1998 to Present
- Sound System Vendor for Virgin Mobile Festival 2006 – 2013
Audio Production & Management
David Rittenhouse, audio project manager and system designer, has worked with MHA Audio since 2008. David’s diverse experience in both corporate and concert audio have provided a depth and breadth of knowledge allowing him to plan, facilitate and design audio systems for events including U.S. State Department Summits, Our Oceans 2014 and 2016, Africa Summit 2014, G20 Economic Summit, Nuclear Security Summit 2012 and 2016, APEC DC/MT/CA/HI, G20 Summit at Camp David, Halifax International Security Forum 2017&2018, dedication of the George W. Bush Presidential Library, NATO Summit Chicago along with being the front of house engineer and lead audio designer for Pope Francis’ Mass in D.C.
In addition to corporate/government events, David has served as audio lead, system designer, front of house/monitor engineer at large music events such as at the Firefly Music Festival, Virgin Fest, Sweetlife Music Festival, M3, DirectTV Super Fan Fest, and Capital Jazz.
David began his career in event productions back in 1996 where his experience included service as both an audio engineer and sales/production management.
As a respected resource in the field, David also served as an associate writer for the magazines Pro Audio Review and Pro A/V.
Growing up in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Brad Bryan developed a love for music and attenging concerts at a young age. During middle school, he got his hands on an audio console and fell in love with audio engineering. After mixing middle and high school choir concerts, plays and musicals he purchased a small sound system and began working with local bands. In 1989, he started working at the Sunshine Theater, a local rock club.
Brad attended The American University in Washington DC and studied Visual Media and Audio Technology, while simultaneously working for the University’s Student Union as a production manager and audio engineer for most of AU’s arena and club performances as well as mixing many local bands at various DC venues. After college, Brad moved to Las Vegas to follow his dream of being a full time audio engineer and never looked back.
In Vegas, Brad worked at HAS Productions and began to specialize in production management for music festivals and monitor engineering for concerts. He also was the Production Manager and Front of House Engineer at the historic local rock club The Huntridge Theater. In 2004, Brad moved back to the Washington DC area, after a year on the road with several metal bands.
Brad specializes in corporate FOH mixing, monitor mixing for music, and entertainment event production management. He has worked world leader summits, large scale corporate and political events, live TV and awards shows, music festivals and concerts. He ultimately loves the challenge and dynamic nature of the live event business and the variety of work available in the DC area.
Contact Us to Get Started!